The Volunteer Code of Conduct serves as a guide for maintaining and upholding safe and respectful standards across all communities YASEER is in. Please regard this code as an addition and supplement to local laws, YASEER rules, and event-specific policies.
Maintaining a Faith-Driven Environment
- All Islamic guidelines and etiquette should be followed at all YASEER events, regardless of location. With that in mind, please remember the following points:
- Always maintain positive character and manners towards others whether or not they are affiliated with YASEER.
- Do not make inappropriate comments or jokes related to religion at any YASEER meeting or event.
- Interactions between brothers and sisters should embody Islamic etiquette. See this resource for more details on intergender interactions in Islam.
- Present a good image of Muslims to the general public through your behavior.
- Promote a respectful environment.
- Avoid insensitive or offensive language.
- Follow all rules and policies set forth by staff members and supervising volunteers.
- Preaching of political or religious ideologies at any YASEER event is prohibited.
- Maintain behavior that respects the human rights of all people and does not fall under abuse or exploitation.
- Sexual or intimate relationships and actions are prohibited at any YASEER meeting or event regardless of location.
- Maintain and respect the privacy and confidentiality of all YASEER volunteers and affiliates.
- Follow all safety regulations and procedures in safety resources published by YASEER.
- Follow instructions from all YASEER Chapter Board Members, Advisors, and Event Organizers.
- In the event of any danger or health emergencies, notify the appropriate personnel immediately.
- In the event of an ongoing crisis such as a pandemic, appropriate protocol published by authorities should be followed.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Do not attempt any dangerous or hazardous tasks.
- Do not engage in horseplay or joke with the risk of injury.
A Zero-Tolerance Policy
- The purchase or possession of alcohol, drugs, weapons, and other Islamically-prohibited substances (cigarettes, vapes, tobacco, etc.) is prohibited at any YASEER event.
- Verbal and physical altercations are absolutely prohibited.
- There are NO exceptions to this, even if permitted by local law.
Protect & Safeguard Equipment & Materials
- Use reasonable care when handling any equipment or materials that belong to YASEER or any other organization.
- Theft, fraudulent behavior, or infringing on funds, property, or other assets belonging to YASEER or any other organization for personal benefit is strictly prohibited.